Tuesday, September 27, 2005

What's in a Name?

I have hit the 10 week mark, we are 1/4 of the way there! I know that 10 weeks doesn't sound very long, but I'm already wondering whether I'd ever want to do this again. I'm so tired ALL of the time. I never used to enjoy napping during the day, and now I find myself wanting to put a cot of some sorts at the office. That way I could snooze whenever I felt the need. It's not a lack of sleep that's making me feel this way, unless considering 9-10 hours sleep a night a lack.

Brandon and I are starting to get pretty excited. I guess as excited as you can be when you don't know if there's one or two, or if it's a boy or a girl. So pretty much, we're excited about something we know absolutely nothing about. We do know, however, that it's no longer an embryo and has made it's way into the fetus stage of life. So in a way this could be considered our first milestone of parenthood. It may not be as great as the first tooth, or first steps, but it's all we've got, so I'll take it!

A few weeks ago, I bought a Baby Names book from amazon. Now our main goal is to find a few names for each sex that we don't get sick of after a few days. We've made the decision to find out the sex of the baby as soon as we can. Mainly because I'm impatient and can't wait for things. A lot of people say that there aren't enough big surprises in life, so why not wait, but I don't need to listen to them. They don't know me. So we've decided to find out the sex, but have also decided we'll go into the delivery room with a list of the top name picks, and decide when we finally meet this baby of ours.

My next doctor's appointment is October 6th. Our 12 week mark! It'll be too early for any of the juicy details, but it'll be the first appointment about the baby and not about me. So it will be refreshing to find out more. It's still sometimes hard to think that I'm actually pregnant because I think I need to see and hear things to believe them. Hopefully that will all happen next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEy there!! Thanks for sharing the congrats!! You know so many people who are prego. Crazy! Well Khloe is going to be a ladybug for Halloween so I'll send you some pictures. We have names already. Call me and I'll tell you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie!! Hope you are feeling well and it's not too bad. Hey guess what!! Sarah is prego too!! Her due date is three days after mine!!! Crazy huh?? so yeah give me a call when you get a chance. tell Brandon we said hi!

Anonymous said...

hey there cusion in law, just wanted to say congrads, and that im happy for u. ill see you no later then april. take care of brandon and the baby.

love u, Cory