Monday, August 15, 2005

Questions

I have discovered that being pregnant gives a woman a whole new outlook on the way she lives her life. Brandon has discovered that he now has excuses to tell me what I can and can't do, and whether I know what I'm supposed to be doing or not. sarcastic note: Did you know that I shouldn't smoke cigarettes, or do any sort of street drugs? Also, I shouldn't drink 12 cups of coffee a day, or do any extreme sports such as bull-riding, or bungie-jumping. Really any action that requires a hyphen, is off limits. He's also banned me from wild nights at the local bar. I don't think I've ever had a WILD night at a bar. Now that I'm pregnant, however, it is completely OFF LIMITS!!! He really does love me.

I called last week, the day I took the pregnancy test, and made a doctors appointment. I have an appointment this Wednesday, and am supposed to bring with me the questionaire they sent me. I received that questionaire today. WHO KNEW that having a baby meant that I'd have to have the medical family history of everyone on both mine and Brandon's family back to the year 1625. Twelve pages of Have yous? and When did yous? As if we didn't have enough to think about and plan, now I have to worry about whether or not Brandon's Mother's Cousin's Great Grandmother had diabetes. I know that it's all important info, I guess I just didn't realize how much detail the doctor actually needs. I can shove that doctor a load of payback with all the questions I'll be asking on Wednesday, so I probably shouldn't complain.

Brandon and I are actually one of the few couples we know that don't have kids yet. It amazes me that all of the women I know that have had a baby within the past 2 years (All 43 of them) have gone through exactly what I'm going through right now, and what I will be going through the next few years. Looking at all of the baby pictures we keep on our refridgerator, Eddie, Khloe, Brendan, Evan, Melina... It's finally set in, that all of these gorgeous babies started exactly where the grain-of-rice-sized fetus in my lower abdomen is right now. Looking at the picture in our copy of "What to Expect..." of the one-month old fetus, and then trying to imagine that little peice of scrammbled egg as a beautiful baby like the pictures on our fridge absolutely stuns me. Our baby doesn't even have a nose yet. Although ruling out OUR baby not having a nose is a little hard to do. Have you seen the schnozes on Brandon and myself?

No comments: